Support Directory Of Behavioral Health Resources
We all need support. With the help of friends, family and loved ones, we can face life’s challenges and achieve more than we ever could on our own. A professional network can take us further in our careers than we could ever go on our own. The same is true for recovery support. To support our current and former patients, and their friends and families, we’ve compiled a handy list of behavioral health organizations and website links.
To learn more about mental health care and substance abuse treatment, or to find support groups or read the latest news on behavioral health topics, visit these websites. Keep in mind that the links provided below are for informational purposes only and do not constitute an endorsement by Sovereign Health or any of its employees for any of the site’s sponsors or presented products.
These organizations provide information and resources for people with mental disorders and their family members:
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) provides support, assistance and educational resources, for clinicians and individuals with depression and bipolar disorder. The organization also provides lists of patient support groups throughout the United States.
- Mental Health America (MHA) is a nonprofit, community-based organization that provides support, recovery and advocacy for mental health issues.
- gov provides access to the U.S. government’s mental health information, including basic facts about different mental health conditions, forms of treatment and support for people affected by mental illness and substance abuse. The organization also gives resources to call for immediate help.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a nonprofit organization for families and friends of individuals with severe mental illnesses, which include schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is a federal agency that supports mental health clinical research trials and provides information about mental illness and related mental health topics, which include the prevention and treatment of mental illnesses.