Q. What is Sovereign Health?
A. We’re a leading provider of mental health, substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment. Based in San Clemente, California, Sovereign maintains treatment centers across the United States.
Q. Where are you located?
A. Our Arizona treatment center is located in the city of Chandler, a short drive from downtown Phoenix. We also have properties in California, Florida, Texas and Utah.
Q. What kind of patients does Sovereign Health accept?
A. We strongly believe anyone who needs treatment should receive it. However, mental health and substance use disorders are very complex illnesses. We also recognize different patients have different needs. This is why our Arizona treatment center only accepts women between 18 and 65. Additionally, we specialize in treating survivors of abuse and trauma at Chandler. We recently introduced Serenity House, a unique phase of treatment only found at our Arizona treatment facility. During this phase, our patients receive diagnostic assessment while learning self-calming techniques in a calm, secure environment.
For physicians and other treatment professionals seeking referrals, here is a brief rundown of what patients are accepted at our other facilties:
- Men and women aged 18 and older are welcome at our California, Florida and Texas treatment centers.
- Men aged 40 and older can receive specialized treatment via Sovereign’s new Personal Recovery Integrating Men’s Experience (PRIME) program in Palm Desert, California.
- Women aged 18 and older with eating disorders can receive treatment at Sovereign’s flagship offices in San Clemente, California.
- Adolescents aged 12 to 17 can receive treatment at Rancho San Diego, Sovereign’s residential treatment center for teens. Rancho San Diego also treats girls aged 12 to 17 for eating disorders.
- Boys aged 12 to 17 can attend White River Academy, a therapeutic boarding school in Utah.
Q. What types of conditions do you treat in Arizona?
A. Patients at our Chandler facility can receive treatment for:
- Mental illness: Mental disorders are common and respond well to treatment, but the public stigma around mental health sadly means many people never receive treatment. Sovereign provides expert mental health care in a safe, soothing environment.
- Drug addiction: The United States is in the depths of an opioid crisis – drug overdoses kill thousands of Americans each year. Substance use disorders are chronic diseases which require careful management of mental and physical symptoms. Sovereign’s holistic approach to treatment ensures patients with these disorders are healed in mind and body.
- Dual diagnosis: Sovereign Health is an expert treatment provider for patients who have co-occurring disorders, such as addiction and a mental health disorder.